Early Childhood Center (ECC)- Mission and Purpose
It is the mission of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church and Early Childhood Center to provide a Gospel outreach ministry to the congregation and community by providing quality childcare and preschool.
Purpose of St. Peter’s Lutheran Early Childhood Center
The primary purpose of St. Peter’s Lutheran Early Childhood Center is to provide Christian training to children and serve as an outreach to their families by providing safe, high quality Christian and academic education through childcare and preschool.
God’s Word gives us ample direction for the purpose of this ministry of our church.
Matthew 28: 20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you."
II Timothy 3: 16-17 "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."
I John 5:2 "By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep His Commandments."
Proverbs 22:6 "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
To fulfill this purpose, St. Peter’s Lutheran Early Childhood Center has developed goals which serve as a framework for all of the activities of the Early Childhood Center. We believe we must:
- Proclaim the Word of God and teach it in the most effective manner.
- Apply God’s law and Gospel to all aspects of life and learning.
- Meet the physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual needs of children by maintaining a high quality of Christian and academic education.
- Assist parents in raising children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
- Prepare children for works of service to God and man.
- Provide a safe, nurturing environment for childcare.